First Ghost Hunt

Because I am mildly obsessed with paranormal shows like Destination Truth and UFO Files, I recently joined a local ghost-hunting group. The investigation took place at a very old movie theater that was being renovated. “Legend” has it that the projectionist committed suicide in the projection booth but there were no records to back that info up, so I have my doubts.

I was impressed with all the professional equipment my fellow ghosthunters showed up with — EVP recorders, video cameras, laser grids to track movement, etc. Our fearless leader, a lovely woman called Annette, took pity on me and loaned me an EMF detector (AKA a “K2” to the cool kids.) Sadly, I didn’t get a haunted vibe about the place (although it was creepy as hell, esp. with all the lights out.) But this is only my first ghost hunt and I am sure the next one will be spookier. I  did get some cool pictures, though. Check it out below.

ImageImage

Marquee Letters 2

Creepy Hallway

5 Comments on “First Ghost Hunt”

1. Thornie says:

Reblogged this on Underground America and commented:
    HAHA! Another falls prey to the addiction of GHOST HUNTING!

2. Mandy F. says:

Thanks, Thornie! It’s def addictive. You should see my Wish List of paranormal gear on Amazon!

3. Kevin says:

Which theater is this?

4. Mandy F. says:

It’s the old Bellaire Theater on Pipeline in Hurst. My K2 lit up a little at one point in response to some questions, but I think we were sitting close to some wiring or something. It went up to a 2 or 3, but I’m not buying it til I see it go to a five.

Or to an 11, like in Spinal Tap. Ha!

5. paywindow7 says:

I wonder if they will ever get an instrument that will be able to identify the ghosts/sprits/entities that are walking next to you as you browse through Sundance.