Granbury Paranormal Expo 2013

I went to my first paranormal convention last weekend, and it was — to use some deep-fried Southern parlance — a hoot. Tons of cheesy new age psychics/fortune tellers abounded. The most hilarious booth (called something idiotic like Angelic Dolphin Crystal Channeling) featured a giant poster of a dolphin leaping over a rainbow using badly Photoshopped eagle wings. I could have literally created something more realistic with PaintShop Pro. Using my feet.

There were numerous paranormal groups there. The good folks from Paranologies.com had a table of customized ghost-hunting equipment. Really cool stuff, such as this Phono-Pod:

Phono Pod

And this item, which I assume to be some sort of Steampunk Ghost Calculator:

Steampunk Ghost Machine

I don’t know what it does but I still want it.

There was also, inexplicably, a booth selling homemade jerky. Tasty but hardly paranormal. Unless it was haunted jerky. Or possibly undead jerky?

Tan Mom

Side Note: “Undead Jerky” is Tan Mom’s stripper name.

8 Comments on “Granbury Paranormal Expo 2013”

1. paywindow7 says:

I’m sorta curious here about what a paranormal convention…convenes(is that a word?). Are those booth dwellers there to talk about ghosts, conjure up some ghosts, point out certain people in the crowd as ghosts or just to sell ghost stuff? Sounds like a good time was had by all. I’m going next year.

• Mandy F. says:

You should go! It was fun in a goofy way. Most folks are there to sell you something, i.e., magic crystals, cheesy tarot readings, homemade jerky (?), etc. But a few booths were just set up to represent – several of the larger, more well-known local paranormal groups had very nice booths, for instance. I think it could have used a little more Bigfoot, but I think that about everything. Ha.

• paywindow7 says:

By the by, I submitted my (maybe) Bigfoot experience to the website you suggested and got no interest from them. It was probably too vague and way too long ago for them to consider it of use to them on their website. But it re sparked my interest so I may just post it on my blog. I will drive out there and see if being onsite again will conjure up more any more details.

2. Judy says:

You kill me, girl. Always a pleasure. 🙂

3. Mandy F. says:

Thanks, Judy! So glad you like. 🙂

4. Mandy F. says:

Huh. The NAWAC folks are really hardcore about their Sasquatch material — very scientific and detailed. In short, they are way more Scully than Mulder. You should def write about it on your blog, though. Sounds like an interesting story.

5. Kevin says:

Don’t you watch Finding Bigfoot on Animal Planet? ‘Squatch LOVES jerky!

6. Mandy F. says:

Wow. I hadn’t thought of that! I’m sure that’s what they were there for. They should have labeled their booth more clearly, though. 😉